Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Name Game

Do you want to know how I knew my husband was really ready to have a baby? "Pulling the goalie" was of course one of the most obvious signs he gave, but I feel it was his willingness to play the "name game" with me that really did it. What is the "name game"? For me, its where you spend waste less hours in front of the computer surfing the baby name websites for the most unique, creative baby names and then start collecting those names in a secret file on your phone or computer until the BFP arrives and you actually have a reason to start taking claim to them.

Hubby and I sat on the couch last night playing the "name game". Of course, I got some, "no way in hells" and "are you kidding me? They will beat up our kid with that name", but at least he was offering his input. "The name game" is something I played in secret for awhile. I didn't want to freak the Hubby out. TTC was a little bit of a sore subject in our house, especially since he was very adamant about not being ready and my persistence was starting to become "very annoying" (his words).

His willingness now to participate in such a silly game means a lot to me. I have wondered more then once if he gave into TTC because he didn't want to listen to me whine anymore or he was worried that I slowly was going crazy and might even resort to stealing babies from the mall. (This would have never been an option, by the way. I was willing to wait for my own pregnancy. Excessive weight gain, stretch marks and numerous trips to the bathroom to pee are just too awesome to pass up.) I don't have any reason to worry anymore though. I see my husband around other people's babies and notice how he lights up and smiles at them. He even seems to think the poop faces my 6 month nephew makes are cute. (It will be even cuter when its our baby making poopy faces and he has to change that diaper.)

I love how my Hubby is now an active and willing participant in the "name game", even throwing in a few suggestions of his own. While we have yet to agree fully on a boy and girl name (Hubby doesn't seem to be a fan of me getting ideas from the celebrity baby blogs. I'm not really keen on naming our first born after his favorite Russian hockey players.), we can at least agree that we are 100% sure that the TTC game is one we are happy to be players in. And if your wondering how we decide who wins the "name game"? Well, when I'm in my 32nd hour of labor and he has lost all feeling in his right hand from me squeezing it too hard, I'm thinking he might be a little more open to all those celebrity baby names I have been suggesting.


For anyone else playing the "name game" right now, here's some of my favorite websites"

www.babynames.com

www.babynamewizard.com

www.mybabyname.com

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete