Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Keeping It Fun....

According to my handy dandy cell phone app "My Days", right now is my prime baby making time. This means that now until ovulation day, me and Hubby are supposed to be baby making like crazy. Easier said then done. This "prime time" usually lasts about 7 days and honestly, between work and other stuff going on, sometimes the Hubby and I like to "go to bed early" just to go to bed early. I can see why making babies can take a little while. Don't get me wrong, we are definitely "trying" as much as we can, but more importantly we are trying to keep it fun and unpredictable, a promise we made to ourselves at the start of this so we wouldn't feel like "baby dancing" was becoming a chore. I have, however, found ways to make sure that we are at least doing the "dance" at all the right times.

To keep you updated, this is what I have been doing so far: I wake up every morning at 7:30am (yes even on Saturdays and Sundays) to check my BBT; I pee on a OPK every morning as well - this will probably not last long though due to the expense of the monthly kits; I also very casually track my CM - I have not resorted to actually keeping track of this 100%, just seems too icky at this point, but for those who know what is involved with this, sometimes you can't avoid noticing the loveliness that is happening down under. So far, all of these methods have shown I am ovulating every month which is definitely a plus, but whether the use of all these things will lead to a "plus sign," only time and lots of "baby dancing" will tell.

At this point, Hubby and I are in the midst of month two of TTC and have no reason for concern. If you ask doctors and professionals, they say 6 months - 1 year is normal for TTC. I know me, and me says I will not make 6 months, so I will probably hold out for maybe 5 months and then schedule a doctors appointment during month 6 so I can say that I have been trying for the accepted time frame. Hopefully, things will happen sooner then later and 9 months from now I can be posting about birthing plans instead of baby making. But in the meantime, I will continue with temperature taking and peeing on sticks. Oh yea, and "baby dancing". We are going to continue to do that. Like I said earlier, it's not a chore yet and we are having lots of fun, so we will continue to do what works for us. And if that means, what works for us is going to bed early to sleep, that's what we will do. We both know we won't be getting much time to do that, or any other chores for that matter, once the "plus sign" becomes a "plus 1 more".

No comments:

Post a Comment