Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Have a Nice Trip.

Today began my TWW and I'm not feeling too confident about this month, but Hubby says "he did the job" so we will see. Hubby and I will actually be on vacation (for our 1st anniversary) when I'm supposed to be visited by AF (or not!). As for where we are going, Hubby and I decided on Savannah, Georgia. We wanted to go somewhere romantic to celebrate our anniversary, but also somewhere that wasn't too "resort like" or "vacationy", since we have done those trips in the past and for our Honeymoon. Savannah seemed perfect for the type of vacation we wanted and would still offer us a nice place to stay and things to do.

As I countdown the days until we leave, and even more importantly, our first anniversary, I still can't believe it's been a year since I get married. I never thought this time last year, as I was rushing around with last minute dress fittings and rearranging the seating chart for the 10th time, that I would now be consumed with baby dancing and OPKs, but that's where I find myself 365 days later. I am definitely not complaining. Being a Mom has been on my to-do list for quite a while, but now that's it a reality, I sometimes have to remind myself how fast times flies. Knowing this could very likely be our last vacation as a "twosome," we are making an extra effort to enjoy this vacation as much as possible. Having dinner in a romantic restaurant, a riverboat gambling cruise and even a late night ghost tour are all on the agenda. All very "not baby friendly" activities. We know this time next year we could be getting ready for a trip to the hospital instead of vacation trip.

I had visions of getting pregnant while on vacation (how cute would it have been to name a daughter Savannah), but thanks to going of BC and my irregular cycles that won't be happening. Instead, we will have to settle for finding out if we are "with child" towards the end of our trip. Still could be very romantic and make for a very memorable trip. Better start looking for a drug store near the hotel, just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment