Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 28, 2011

I really want a BFN this time....

Today is my 1 hour Glucose screening. I really want to eat the chocolate chip pancakes I have hiding in the freezer right now, but I'm scared the chocolate in them will "alter" my tests results, so instead I am enjoying a very small bowl of Special K and hoping there is not enough sugar in it to notice. I am terrified of this test today. I really want to pass this 1st one so I don't have to go through the agony of the 3 hour test where you have to sit there for 4 hours and drink that awful solution again. I also am scared of actually being diagnosed with GD (Gestational Diabetes). There is no history of GD in my family, let alone Diabetes, so the odds of me having it are low, but I guess in this day and age you never know what your body is going to throw at you.

Anyone who knows me, knows I hate needles. Getting my blood drawn today is already making me sweat. The fact that I would have to test my blood sugar everyday seems dreadful. Even more important, anything I can do to keep this baby healthy and thriving (and born at a normal weight!) is a top priority. I have already been warned by several friends not to stress too much and worry about something when there is something to worry about, but it still makes me nervous as hell to walk into the Lab today. I pray my body has behaved itself and I will fly through this 1st test with a Big Fat Negative - which I know is kind of ironic since you really like Big Fat Positives during pregnancy. Wish me luck! I will post an update after I get back from the test on how it went and how bad the stuff they make you drink really is.

PS/ We hit the 100 countdown mark today!!!! Double digits post to come tomorrow....

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck- I failed mine yesterday so I have to go next week for the 3hr. I'm trying to not freak out but its easier said than done..

    ReplyDelete