Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 16, 2011

24 weeks = More Yogurt.

This week was a little tough for Momma Bear. I had to reschedule my doctor's appointment because of the bad weather and got stuck with a rescheduled appointment with the Nurse Practitioner, who I am not a fan of seeing, especially since she doesn't even deliver babies! I gained more weight then I should have this past month and she proceeded to "tore me a new one" about what I am eating and more, my lack of eating protein at this month's appintment. She barely paid attention to the baby and even neglected to tell me the heart rate when she listened to it. (I had to ask. It was thankfully a healthy 144.) It seems the carbs, carbs and carbs diet I am following really doesn't fit into the "healthy pregnancy diet" we "with child" women are supposed to follow. I didn't know the NP at my practice was hanging with Dr. Oz these days! Can I help that both the Taco Bell and Wendy's is conveniently on my commute home from work? I swear their signs were purposely made bigger since my conception date!

Anyway, even after her yelling, which I understand was warranted but maybe in a better bedside manner, I have decided to not let the NP's horrible approach to "educating" her pregnant patients get to me and hope I can continue on with the pregnancy and hopefully make it through my upcoming Gestational Diabetes testing without any horrible results. I also have promised to try to incorporate the suggested protein into my diet. In fact, Hubby and I discovered the new Frozen Yogurt place in town. Yogurt = milk = protein. (Okay, maybe the Oreos and M&Ms and Sprinkles on top didn't help, but life is about baby steps right now.)

How Far Along: 24 weeks - My little one is the size of a ear of corn this week which is kind of ironic being that I suddenly like popcorn again....?

Maternity Clothes: Oh, how I love you maternity jeans....

Stretch Marks: Repeat last week's post. (As I said last week, I've stopped looking for more...)

Sleep: This last week I am averaging 3-4 times a night getting up to pee. This is new and I don't like. :(

Best moment of the week: Feeling more kicks this week. Seeing my belly getting rounder and more "baby shaped".

Movement: Still only kicks from the inside. Hubby still waiting for his turn to feel little man moving.

Food Cravings: Wendy's Hamburgers, Popcorn, Taco Bell (you can't eat that once and then not expect to want it again!)

Gender: IT'S A BOY!!!

What I'm looking forward to this week: More movement and hopeful Hubby feeling the baby from the outside

No comments:

Post a Comment