Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Another Update - 48 hrs later!

Blood work results for today (48 hrs later) = 1636. According to the nurse I spoke to, this number is definitely a sign of good things, since my levels not only doubled, but actually tripled.

According to my doctor's office, at this point, it seems to be too soon to do an ultrasound, since they would like my number to be above 2000 before anything could be seen. The nurse I spoke to said she would like the doctor to read over the results as well as give me another week of growth before we move forward with anything else. She says by this time next week, if things are moving along as they should be (and I have had no excessive bleeding or severe cramping), we should be able to at that time schedule an ultrasound since my number will be above the required level and I should be at minimum 6-7 weeks, which is a more appropriate time frame to start seeing anything with the baby.

From what the blood work and beta numbers revealed, we are estimating I am about 4-5 weeks pregnant. According to when I ovulated, I'm closer to 4 weeks, but since my cycle was so messed up this last month, I could also be wrong with when I even ovulated, so I would rather be conservative with estimating and go with the 4-5 weeks. Unfortunately, we have to wait until we have an ultrasound done to have an exact due date and estimate when we concieved. I don't mind being conservative with estimating anyway since I feel telling people too soon can make it harder to deal with any problems that might come up and have to risk telling everyone you know that something happened to the baby.

My parents are coming up this weekend for lunch, so we have decided to to tell them this weekend and possibly may tell Hubby's Mom this week or weekend since we would like our parents to know around the same time. Other then the very limited amount of friends that read this blog on a regular basis (like 1 person - Hi my favorite invitation lady!), we really haven't revealed to anyone that we are expecting and have decided to wait till we see the baby on the ultrasound before we tell the rest of the family and other close friends. Keeping quiet is not easy! Thank god for this blog or I would have a very sore tongue from biting it all day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment